The healthy comfort
The revolutionary Demko Bed-System, ‘The Healthy Comfort’ concept has been developed and used in spine and orthopeadic clinics for the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of back problems, back pain, spine and locomotor diseases. It is the ultimate solution for perfect posture and for the preservation of spine health. The remedial and preventative qualities of the Demko Bed-System go beyond any health benefits of other orthopaedic bed-systems, memory foams or box sprung mattresses. Furthermore, it gives the ultimate comfort for all age groups.
Para Dressage Rider
How it works
As the spine and body are flexible they need flexible support – a truly orthopaedic one that adjusts automatically to each individual body and how it moves. The multi-directional, independently moving, double row slat base under the mattress adjusts ergonomically to the contour and weight of the body at any position.
Its special finish and suspension means they are able to carry out vertical, transverse and rotational movement. Regardless weight, shape or position on the bed, it always keeps the spine in the ideal position. As the slat base can move in all 3 dimensions depending on the customer’s body shape it makes perfect weight shifting.
As the slat base adapts perfectly to the shape of the body it gives perfect, equal support to the spine along its full length and exceptional lower back support.
The Demko Bed-System is the perfect solution for preventing and treating of
- Acute and chronic locomotor diseases
- Lumbago, sciatica, disc herniation and post-operative conditions
- Degenerative disc disease and vertebral subluxations
- Vertebral and limb disorders
- Joint pains, arthritis, osteoporosis, spinal injuries
- Lower back and spinal pain
- Pain in the vertical- thoracic- and lumbar vertebrae
- Pain and numbness in the upper and lower extremities
- Insomnia, poor circulation and short of breath
- Acid reflux and night-time heartburn
“After permanent use of the Demko Bed-System in the above mentioned conditions the need for drug use, as supported by previous clinical surveys, has dropped considerably or even ceased and planned surgeries have become avoidable.” A. Tailor MD (Specialist in Neurosurgery)
“The qualities of the Demko Bed-System not only prevent the further deterioration of spine disorders but as prevention, they can make it impossible for them to appear at all. As a practising doctor who cures patients with locomotor diseases, I find the Demko Bed-System extremely good, both at the prevention of spinal disorders, and their regeneration.” Dr J. Baggio (Spine-Specialist, Head Physician)
It is recommended for all age groups as it helps in
Healthy development of the bones and spine
Preservation of spine health
Enhancement of physical performance
Avoiding sleeping disorders, chronic headaches, neurosis
We spend an average of 6 hours out of 24 in bed, which would amount to around 20 years during our lifetime.
By sleeping on a too soft or too firm bed, the structural changes created by bad posture can contribute to degenerative disc disease, along with other degenerative changes to the spine. On a too soft bed the spine bends onto the bed and the muscles slacken on the concave side, during which
- the vertebrae and the bones degenerate
- bone sediment forms on their corners
- the muscle becomes taut on the convex side and the arteries running through the muscles become compressed
- the blood supply deteriorates and neither can the used blood pass out through the compressed veins and lymph vessels
- pains like muscular strain, occurs when we wake up
- the tensioned muscles and ligaments become stretched, thus their holding effect is weakened during physical activity during the day
The situation is very similar on a too firm bed, but the negative effect occurs in a different section.
As John Lennon BM, MM.C, and Norman Shealy M.D stated that “bad posture affects and moderates every psychologic function from breathing to hormonal production. Spinal pain, headache, mood, blood pressure, pulse and lung capacity are among the functions most easily influenced by posture.”
By sleeping on Demko Bed-System you can use your sleeping hours to cure your spine opposed to on sleeping on a too soft or too firm bed where your vertebral discs are being damaged night by night. This makes a huge difference as we spend 1/3 of our life in bed!
The Bed-Systems come with our 100% organic, natural latex mattresses. They are designed to take advantage of the orthopedic benefits of the Bed-System and to give you the ultimate comfort.
Available sizes: 80x200cm, 90x200cm and bespoke sizes